TEMPORARY FIELD RULES
(INEFFECT UNTIL SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER LIFTED)
The Monterey County Health Department has granted SAM permission to resume our flying activities at our field. Please remember that this virus seems to hit older individuals harder, especially if the person has an underlying medical issue. This definition fits many of our members. By following the rules listed below you will be helping to ensure the health of our members, as well as insuring the continuous operation of our field. Thus, until further notice, our field will remain open for flying, but the following changes to our rules will be in effect:
- You may not come to the field if you are feeling ill in any way, especially if you have a headache, cough, shortness of breath, or a fever that is above 100.4 ℉. You may return to flying fourteen days after your symptoms have resolved.
- You may not come to the field if you have been out of the country within the last 14 days
- You may not come to the field if you are caring for anyone with the Covid 19 virus, or if you have been notified to quarantine yourself by any health authority.
- While at the field, maintain a separation of at least 6 feet between yourself and any other individual.
- Refrain from touching or handling the property of any other members, and the sharing of food or drink is prohibited.
- Non-club members are not permitted to fly as a guest, nor are guest/spectators allowed on the flying site. Any non-member driving onto the flying site while members are present will be asked by any member present to immediately leave.
- All contest, special events, ruddergates, and club meetings will be cancelled until the events can be held without the risk of spreading the disease.
- A maximum of ten members will be allowed on the flying site on a first come first served basis. If ten people are present, you must wait in your car until a person leaves the field.
- A face covering must be worn at all times when more than one member is anywhere on the premises.
Due to the serious nature of the current situation, there will not be a warning given to member(s) who violate the above field rules. Any member found violating any of these emergency measures will receive an immediate 10-day suspension. Upon the second offense, the member will be suspended from the club for not less than 90 days, as determined by the club board of governors.